Presenting Textual Evidence of Other Horrors

Consisting of the cogitations of the crowned King Merrygold; arrayed in reverse chronology; appended by the animadversions of sundry pundits, bluestockings, braintrusters, longhairs, dunces, clods, tomfools, and dullards.

20081016

No Name, No Slogan

Kochi Cobra Shrine

Yesterday I met two Belgians on holiday; actually Carol was originally from Germany and Susan is a Flemmish Belgian. We swapped tales of our adventures, talked film and philosophy, exchanged some useful information, and had dinner.

Kochi Salt Temple

Today I met Asharof, a Muslim who helped me buy a few small items in my neighborhood. We spoke a long while about the various religions of India and of Indian religious character in general. He took me to his home and introduced me to his extended family. There we spoke more, about Ayurvedic remedies, Malayalam and Urdu, the Qur'an, Mother Theresa and Gandhi, Western and Keralan culture, and family. Later he took me around the island and showed me all the temples, churches, mosques, and synagogues, as well as the spice factories.

Kochi Vishnu Temple

No comments: